So midterm happened last week and I was late for like, at least 15 mins. I was suddenly awake in the morning right at 8:59 and had to rush to WB from Chestnut! (Mein Gott!) But it turned out not bad and it really was a relief! Hope the 'sleepover' thing doesn't happen to my final.
We've been working on the recursive functions since this course began and it totally reflects the 'laziness' in computer science, which we must master as CS guys. It calls it self inside in a clever way and since I've seen lots of examples, it really works especially when I understand clearly about what I'm gonna do with my functions. It demonstrates a sophisticated way of understanding. For instance, like what happened in lab #7, it's intuitive to write some function with while loop, which we learned in CSC108. But if we try to apply recursive to it, the whole function becomes cleaner and neater, which is quiet impressive. But at first I don't really feel like it since I have to trace it by hand and these recursive functions aren't something you can understand at first sight. Sometimes I feel like I would run into infinite loop and won't get out of it. But after practicing for some time, I think I'm getting used to it. Recursive functions, in particular, recursive definition of sets, a term in CSC240, are quiet enlightening coz they make best use of only a few lines of codes. I hope that I can see more examples in many different ways with the idea of recursive in this class.
No comments:
Post a Comment